My Pick + Mix Experience at Pizza Republic

It was one lazy Sunday afternoon and it was the last weekend before my wife goes back to school.  I did not plan of going somewhere that day save for going to mass. My father in law suddenly wanted to have pizza. What were our options? We were thinking about the usual suspects like Shakeys, Pizza Hut or Yellow Cab then I realized that there is a new pizza place that has opened in Salinas Drive.  I even saw a campaign in Facebook that gives free pizza for the first 30 customers there. So, I told Steph that we should check it out.

We drove down to Salinas Drive which just took around 10 minutes because it was a Sunday and the traffic so light.  The Pizza Republic Pick + Mix by Guiseppe Genco was easy to find.  It is in the right side of the road coming from the I.T. Park and it is just the opposite of the road from Golden Cowrie. It is right after Mang Inasal

When we arrive, there were just a few people.  A very friendly staff approached us and introduced their restaurant concept to us. Basically, we can create our own pizza.  We can pick as much toppings or modify classics like Hawaiian pizza.  Steph just told him that our first pizza would be Hawaiian.  As the pizza maker started making it, we were told we can add toppings or we can add more cheese for example.

Our second pizza was decided by me.  I wanted to have a lot of meat in it and there was a gazillion of choices. There were even many choices for the sauce, cheese, veggies, and glaze. It could overwhelm a first timer.  I sometimes got that feeling that I was like a kid left and the candy store and I do not know what to pick.  I eventually decided to have the red sauce and the mozzarella as the base for my pizza.  I had some sausages, minced beef, and other old cuts. I put some caramelised onions and mushrooms.  Then, I had my pizza glazed with olive oil.

Since we felt that their pizza were a bit smaller than usual, we decided to make a third one.  We have it in white sauce, some meat, we put like 3 kinds of cheeses, and some green pepper.  While waiting a pretty staff member approached us if we want to use their tablet and take a photo that will be uploaded in there Facebook page. We took one shot then we asked her to take a photo of us in our smart phones.  We did not wait too long for our take out and we headed home.

We enjoyed our pizza creations.  I enjoyed the sweetness of the caramelised onion and the aroma of the pizza we made.  We want to go back someday and try different combinations. All in all, it was fun picking our toppings and mixing it up to create our very own personal pizza masterpiece. I want to go back there better prepared and ready to pick my favourite toppings. It is a fun experience that you should especially if you are the type who likes to experiment with new flavours and combinations.

If you have a nice pizza recipe, let me know I will try to recreate your masterpiece there. ;)









Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts