Having Teppanyaki at Mismukuno

I was doing errands for my aunt and after finishing everything she asked me if I wanted to have lunch. I said sure. I am not the type of person who refuses a free lunch. When I was tuning in to Y101, I heard about this new restaurant in A.S. Fortuna. So, I drove there and I found Mismuko Teppanyaki just near the A.S. Fortuna-Maria Luisa junction.  I was able to find a good parking spot in front of the newly opened teppanyaki place.
 The first thing I noticed is their cool anime wall featuring some popular Japanese anime characters of the 80's and 90's.  I am an 80's kid and seeing the wall made me smile.  I saw Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Godzilla, Astroboy, Son Goku, Vegeta, and Gundam.   I am sold. 


Unlike other Japanese places here in Cebu, the food is cooked right in front you at Mizmukuno.  The customers are sitting around a big teppanyaki grill. When I was asked what I wanted, obviously, I want to get teppanyaki and I picked the beef teppanyaki. A single order of teppanyaki whether pork, chicken or beef includes a serving of sautéed cabbage and bean sprouts plus unlimited miso soup. For rice, you have a choice of plain or yaki meshi (Japanese Fried Rice).  I picked the yaki meshi, of course. For a 25-peso difference, I'd rather go Japanese.  My order tasted good and there is powdered chill for those who like their food in spicy side.  The beef was tender and the veggies were crunchy. 

The experience was fun and I am sure I will be back there someday.  I would love to try the other items like the steak, yaki soba, and tofu. I have to save up though because an order is around 200 pesos but all in all, the teppanyaki was worth every cent. 

Comments

Popular Posts