First Time


Yesterday, Steph and I took our helper Josie and her son Carlo to watch a movie at SM City Cebu cinema. It would Carlo Boy's first time to watch a movie in a movie theater. Carlo Boy picked Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. It is quiet a pretty good movie for a first-timer and to think we picked the last full show. Luckily, the boy did not sleep.  The movie cost 180 pesos (non- 3D) and I cannot believe that movie prices are now that high. I remember the time that I go to Belvic and Century 21 to watch the latest Hollywood and movies then cost around 40 pesos. The movies now are so expensive, no wonder why a lot people resort to buying those pirated DVDs. All in all we spend almost a thousand pesos (including the drinks) but it was all worth it. The joy in seeing the face of a young boy (he is 8) having a blast with his first movie is priceless.

What do I think about the movie? It was good. I grew up watching the cartoon version of the Autobots and Decipticons. The advances in film editing has made robots so realistic. I wonder how come Filipino movies cannot have those kind of graphics. I guess we Filipinos really prefer our comedy or horror-comedy than creating some sci-fi flick. Transformers 3 was cool and the new chick is also so hot. Sam Witwicky is one lucky guy.  The storyline is typical but I strongly recommend the movie if you to see one with your children. Warning though: They might ask you to buy those expensive Transformer toys the next time you go to the mall. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts