The town of Tuburan in Cebu has a Typhoid fever outbreak. Around 900 residents were reported to have contracted the disease. The main cause of the outbreak is attributed to contaminated water. Here are some tips to prevent the spread of the disease:
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and boiling for at least 30 seconds.
2. Boil water for drinking if bottled water is not available.
3. Wash well after urinating or using the bathroom.
4. When brushing teeth, use bottled water if possible.
5. Choose raw fruits or vegetables that you need to peel first before eating because of the possibility of the fruits/veggies being rinse in contaminated water.
6. For meals, choose hot foods.
7. Avoid sharing utensils and glasses.
8. Get vaccinated.
Cebu Medical Society's Medicine Week
25th ERUF Anniversary Dinner
Typhoid Fever - Wikipedia
Tuburan Typhoid outbreak