Ninong Chronicles: Another Godson ... JL Castro Raga

I have a been a godfather or ninong for several times in my life.  The first time that somebody asked me to be the ninong of their son or daughter was way back in 1994 when my cousin Jan-Jan asked me to be the one of the godfathers of her first born.  After Trizia, I became ninong to Lizbeth, Bugsy and Ayesha to name a few. I even became a ninong to a wedding lasting year.  This year, Sheila and Kerwin asked me to become one of the ninongs of their son, John Lester. How can i refuse? 

Being a ninong is not just ceremonial.  Pre-baptism seminars would say that ninongs or ninangs will be like second parents to the child. Maybe or maybe not.  In my experience, it never ever happened that I play like a second parent of the child (thankfully..;)). Apart from giving gifts occasionally like birthdays and christmas, I have not really done anything super special to my god-kids.  It does mean though that my godchildren are not dear to me. They definitely are.  I really hope someday I can impart something really relevant in their lives.

Back to JL, well John Lester or JL is the son of Sheila and Kerwin.  Sheila and Kerwin are two of my most dependable agents.  They have been together for quiet sometime and finally, they are blessed with an offspring.  JL was baptized in Saint Joseph Parish in Talisay.  After the baptism, there was a get together at the house of Kerwin's grandmother.  Among my new kumares and kumpares are Nelfa (another agent from work), Marietta (a colleague at work), Ma Ely (who happens to be my ninang/auntie), and Titing (the partner of my cousin).

Indeed, it is quite funny that the my ninang is also a ninang of my godson. It is quiet weird actually.  Hehehe.

I just want to put this on my blog that I welcome the opportunity to become a ninong once again and hopefully, I would be a good ninong to JL and others. My only other prayer is that next year I would go to a baptism of my son or daughter as a parent and not just a ninong. ;)
catholic baptism
Kerwin, Sheila, and JL




ninang baptism
The ninangs

baptism at st. joseph parish talisay
proud ninongs
Links:
Christening of Kristina Lawas-Blanco
Ninong of a Wedding 2011
2nd Baby Rainmaker
Manila trip with Sheila and Kerwin
More fun at Aspen Heights 2012

Comments

Popular Posts