Turning 37....

I recently turned 37. What's so special with 37? Nothing really but another year of life is a lot to be thankful for. Year 36 was pretty awesome and very memorable. It's time for me to sort of review how did year 36 went.

September - I was not able to celebrate my birthday because I had to go to Bohol because my Aunt Alice died and I am of the few relatives who can attend her funeral. It was a pretty tough. In the work front, I had 2 new agents TJ and CJ. The Rainmakers were really having a hard time getting new recruits to start a career in real estate sales but I felt that I had a pretty good team. 

October - I joined the Pink October Run in Ayala Terraces. It was probably the only fun run that I joined in 2013. I did not feel I was pretty fat then but I surely was. EJ came for a quick and we went to Bohol to visit the grave of Aunt Alice. At work, it was not a great start for the new fiscal but it is was pretty typical for us to have a slow October.  The Robinsons Homes team even went to Danasan to have a team building.  It could have been more fun if we had more time and money then.

November - As usual, Steph and I had to go to three cemeteries but we managed to visit our departed loved ones.  The streak of having bad second months in every quarter started and sales were hard to come by.  The group had a memorable time though in Manila during the national sales rally for Robinsons Homes. I finally decided to cut off my inactive gym membership but I was persuaded to give it another month.  So, I started going back to gym in November but not yet regularly. I started dancing and doing some weight training again. 

December - By being semi-active in the gym, I got invited to dance in one of the presentations for the gym's Christmas party. I did not know what got into me that I obliged. It was kinda funny when I look back at the video but we pulled it out and won.  Exercise became more regular and I started to lose weight.  I was like over 105 kilos then.  December was all about dance because we also danced in the Robinsons Homes Cebu Christmas party.  My sales group somehow recovered and started selling again in December. It was not satisfactory but it was way better than October.  We also had new agents in Jane and Jelly. 

January - The first month of 2013 was pretty awesome at work.  We actually sold more in the month compared to the first 3 months combined.  It was also fun as the group went to an island hopping tour to Nalusuan.  Kim Kim joined the Rainmakers.

February - Second month futility was on play again. Flo and I were furios at our agents and we could not believe why we cannot keep the momentum going.  I joined the Philhealth Fun Run.  I was able to finish my 3k without much incident but it was funny TJ came to the fun run at 7 am.  I spent Valentine's Day eating at Gue Gue Yakiniku at J Centre Mall. I even started a new blog on weight loss

March - March was all about fun runs and I am now comfortable with the 6k distance.  I also went home to Bohol because my Aunt Fely died and I was able to see my dad.  It was pretty sad as I learned that my Uncle Flory died a few weeks earlier. My uncle is the husband of my Aunt Alice.  At work, sales performance was quite good.  Robinsons Homes joined the USC Job Fair.  I was able to recruit my newly grads to explore a career in sales. I was not that optimistic that some fresh graduates would join us. 

April - It was a new quarter and I had a new bunch of property associates. Yel, Cry-Cry, Jap, Nezte, and Glace joined the team. The group became younger and the fun factor was raised to another level.  The group danced, exercised, and partied together. Sales performance was kinda record breaking as we sold a few lots in Blue Coast Residences.  We even gave Miss Jane a great surprise birthday party. Steph and I went with Mama Flor and Papa Noly to a hiking trip to a secluded waterfalls in Toledo.

May - It was election time and it was one of those shocking elections as some of the big names lost.  I cannot believe that Tomas Osmena can lose an election and he did. So did Eddie Gullas and Pabling Garcia. The bad second month streak continued as sales performance was very bad. All else though was fun.  Steph and I went to a road trip to Alcoy and we even had stops in Talisay and Ronda. Steph also joined the Rainmakers in our trip to Bantayan Island along with the rest of the people at Robinsons Homes Cebu. 

June - It was a memorable month able to meet up with my high school batch.  It was a good time to catch up with them.  I have not seen some them for over 20 years.  Janjan and family visited from Australia. I was able to join them in their Bohol trip and I attended the wedding of Iris, EJ's sister. Grace joined the Rainmakers.  She used to be a receptionist at Fitness First Cebu. 

July - July 2013 was best remembered as the month that we sold out all the lots in Blue Coast Residences. It was a pretty spectacular feat and we had our best month in history.  Grace and Nezte did very well.  Sheila was also back in the game. We also had sales in Aspen Heights.  

August - I was able to take photos of the 2013 Cobra Ironman held in Cebu.  Steph and I had a feast for our anniversary.  We went to Abaca on the eve of our anniversary and to Tavolata for our anniversary dinner.  It was a good start of the last month of the year 36.   We finally broke the bad second month streak as the group somehow managed to pull off some sales  special thanks to Nezte and Rexcy. 

Year 37 expectations: It will be a year full of surprises. New challenges to overcome and I am pretty excited.  I know that I can still grow and improve.  I need to show that this old dog can still learn some new tricks.  I aim to lose more weight, increase sales, have my firstborn, blog more, and become more awesome. 

Happy Birthday to me! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts