What was I doing when the October 15, 2013 Earthquake happened?

Another earthquake affected Cebu. The Oct. 15 earthquake struck at 8 in the morning. I was still in bed trying to enjoy the start of my day.  There is no work because it was declared a holiday. The earthquake was very strong, my wife and I have to scamper to go outside our room.  When we reached our sala,we saw my father in law just waling casually not knowing that a strong earthquake was happening.  He thought it was just raining because the roof sounded like it was hit by a heavy downpour.  We all immediately went out of the house.  The shaking went on for a couple more seconds and I could see my AUV dancing.

When the first tremor was over, we were just outside the house.  I realized I was just wearing my green underwear.  It was kinda funny but I did not mind anymore.  Despite the strong aftershocks, I had to brave and go back to my room to find my shorts since my wife is so insistent that I should change. She was furious when the first thing I did when I went back to the room is to find my macbook and try to check on facebook. Well, there was no electricity so I decided to join the family outside the house.  The whole subdivision was practically in the streets.   Even our four dogs were panicking.  After around 30 minutes power restored and we were able to go back to the house.

I later found out that it was a 7.2 magnitude earthquake and the epicenter was in Balilihan, Bohol.  It was the strongest earthquake that I felt in my entire life. So many buildings in Cebu were damaged and as of now, there are at least 20 casualties. Classes are suspended for tomorrow and some companies suspended work as well.  When I was driving around just a couple minutes ago, I see many people in the streets including the call center agents working at a nearby building. It is better to be safe than sorry.

How about you? Where were you when the earthquake happened?

Links:
Strong Earthquake damages buildings in Cebu
What was I doing during the 2-6-2012 Earthquake?
AM Radio stations in Cebu
Visiting Chocolate Hills Bohol
Rainmakers go to  Bai!

Comments

Popular Posts