International SPORTS: Argentina blasts S. Korea 4-1 in the World Cup group match

I was planning to watch this match at Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort in Mactan.  I saw an ad in the hotel a couple of days ago that for 1,200 pesos I can watch the match with drink all you can beer and pica-pica. I decided not to go since its quiet far from our place and I do not like driving drunk in the streets of Lapu-Lapu at night. I definitely made the right decision. 
The match ended 4-1 in favor of Argentina.  The first goal was an own goal by Park Chu-young on the 16th minute.  In the 33rd minute, Gonzalo Higuain scored his first goal on a header. 2-0 for the Albiceleste. Korea managed to trim down the lead before the half, as Lee Chung-Yong headed a goal after a breakdown by Martin Demichelis. In the second half, Higuain completed his hattrick with 2 impressive goals. 4-1 win for Maradona's Argentina.
I guess the mood at Imperial Palace was gloomy and definitely a lot of San Miguel Beers were downed. I do not how the Korean tourists take this match. I don't think I would like to watch a match in that place with most of the guests being gloomy and all. All is not lost though for their team, they can still make the quarters if they manage to beat a tough Nigerian side.  The Argentineans though looked like they will breeze through this round and will be a sure semifinalists judging by their recent form.  Although nothings for sure in the World Cup.

Comments

Popular Posts