Balikbayan Chronicles: Sunday at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort and Spa

After the crazy food trip night with Fabie and Elyse, it was my turn to visit the Polotans in their hotel.  When i learned that they will be in Shangri-La Mactan for the next 3 days, I made sure to make time to go there. We were supposed to have lunch together but it was such a lazy Sunday that Stephie and I arrived at Shangri-la at around 2 pm.

They told me to meet me at the poolside because the kids are swimming and the adults are drinking with friends at the Buko Bar, the hotel's poolside restaurant.  Janjan and Ej told me to order lunch.  I saw that Buko Bar has this World Cup Burger offering and I got very curios.  I told my wife that we will just get a couple burgers.  

The Buko Bar's World Cup Burgers feature 7 different hamburgers inspired by 7 countries playing for the World Cup. I decided to get Germany and Brazil as both teams play in the Brasil 2014 semifinals later that day. Germany burger has sausage in it while Brazil has baked beans.


Each burger costs 500 pesos and it comes with a serving o french fries.  The order is quite big and I was even obliged to finish my wife's burger.The afternoon was filled with funny conversations and catching up with each other's lives. It would have been more fun if my mom and my two brothers and their families were here as well. I am usually the one left out since I am the only one in my family who is not living in Australia






We took a lot of photos and we hope that next time we will all meet in Australia. My wife and I cannot stay too long for she has a block exam the next day.  The visit was short but very memorable. It was fun seeing them this year and hoping to see them next year.
posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular Posts