Enjoying Meat at The Pearl Meat Shop

I love food and I cannot deny it.  In some days, I really like to eat at restaurants that allow me to create my own food.  A few days ago, my foodie friend Nezte Virtudazo brought me to a Korean meat shop and he said we were eating there. At first I thought he was joking since he is one heck of a joker but when we went inside The Pearl Meat Shop in A.S. Fortuna, Banilad, I was amazed there were several people having dinner.

The concept of The Pearl Meat Shop somewhat similar to a Yakiniku house but with a different twist. Since it was a meat shop, they have several cuts of meat to choose from. The meat cuts were listed under their Korean names with English translations. They have names like Samgyeopsal (pork strips)Moksal (pork neck), and galmaegisal (pork skirt meat) for the pork cuts. There were 8 choices of beef cuts including short plate (U-Samgyeop), Ansim (Tenderloin), Chuck Eye Roll (Mokdeungsim). and the fancy Angus Rib Eye (Kotsdengsim).




Their meat choices are quiet affordable.  Orders comes in thin slices and the quality is very good. The diners will cook their own food on the stove-top grill that is in every table there. Prices range from 180-400 pesos per order depending on the cut of meat.





An order includes vegetable salad, kimchi, garlic, onion, chili, lettuce, sesame oil, and hot sauce.  You may also ask for soup if you like. You can ask for refills for the salad.

I really liked it there.  I had several refills of their salad and I did not need to eat rice. The meat was easy to cook and it tastes good. They were lucky that their place is not eat all-you-can or else I would really try all their cuts and have my fill.

All in all, the restaurant ranks well in my personal rankings.  I would surely go back there. In fact, I went back to The Pearl Meat Shop the next day to bring my wife there.  She enjoyed it as well. I really love their salad and in days that I would crave for vegetables, I would just go there and eat heaps of their salad.

Do check it out, the meat shop cum restaurant is located at A.S. Fortuna, Mandaue City.  It is at the right side of the road after passing the Honda dealership when you are coming from the J Centre Mall.

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular Posts